Sunday, September 26, 2004

I think, therefore I blog... I think?

First post in my first blog... yay! I am so glad that technology has now afforded me the opportunity to publically air my previously private ponderings (mmm... alliteration).

Thing is, I've kept a journal on and off for the last few years. I have always enjoyed curling up with an odd little notebook of some sort and joting down what happens to be in my head at the moment. I also enjoy going back through old entries and reading what was in my head at that moment. I have found I tend to be far more elequent in my writing than in my speech and the process of putting to paper (or to screen) a muddled medly of thoughts and emotions has a way of clarifying them and providing perspective onto an otherwise murky situation. I take advantage of this phenomenom as often as I am able.

So that is why I write. As for what I will write in this forum, I prefer to keep my most private ramblings just that; private. So instead, in this space I will confine myself to ponderings more suitible for airing in public. While I don't expect that this blog will be wide-read, I'd like to think that it will at some point be read by someone and I'd prefer not to scare that someone with exposure to the purple goo of my innermost thoughts.

So... onwards!

No comments: