Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Heading out

My last day before I start my journey east. I'm excited as well as nervous as atfer today I won't have a base to return to. I hadn't thought I would spend this much time in BC but I'm really quite glad it worked out this way. I have fallen in love with the energy here. It has actually felt a lot like coming home, which I wasn't expecting. From Australia, BC felt like a bit of a made-up place at times. The island was that place I grew up but I didn't feel any real connection to it. To the landscape in particular. And the memories I had of it were things that had happened to a much younger, very different person. Coming back has let me make new memories and to see this place with adult eyes.

What was once familiar became strange over the years. Not because it changed but because I did.

No comments: