Tuesday, June 17, 2008

In which Kate actually has a plan

I've been able to get myself organised a bit for the next leg of my trip, mostly out of necessity as campsites book up pretty quick in the summer. For the curious and for those keeping track, here is what I'll be up to for the next little while:

June 16 - 18: Manning Provincial Park.
June 19, 20: Vernon. Staying with my uncle and aunt and doing a bit of warm-up horse riding.
June 21 - 24: Banff. Hiking and hopefully swimming if it warms up a bit more.
June 25 - 30: Banff. Back country camping by horseback in the Rockies.
June 30 - July 4: Lake Louise. Doing the backpacker thing and soothing my aching muscles.
July 5 - 7: Jasper. Some proper hiking, if my body has recovered enough.
July 7 - 13: Travel from Jasper to Montreal. Route still to be determined, but I'll have just over 3000 kms to cover.
July 14 - 21: Montreal. Being joined by Jolyon and doing the Juste Pour Rire thing and practicing my French.
July 21 - 30: Touring Quebec. Route still to be determined. More French practice and inevitable failure.
July 30 - Aug 21(Approx): Maritimes, Nova Scotia most likely. Route still to be determined.
Aug 22 - 29: Vancouver/Victoria. Fly back from east after selling van. Fly for Brisbane on the 29th.

Oh, and on the drive back from Whistler yesterday, I clicked over the first 1000 kms in my van. Feeling kinda proud about that.

So now I'm officially off. After a short stop for groceries and gas I'll be on my way east. To adventure and the unknown! And to lots and lots of Tim Horton's coffee in my Mountain Equipment Co-op mug!

No comments: