Wednesday, December 08, 2004

The India Diaries - Part 5

Only 6 hours to go before I wing my way off to the great unknown. While I have promised a few people that i will try to make regular posts, complete with photos, I don't know how available free internet access will be. The TCP/IP (Transfer by Cow Protocol/ India Protocol) connection could be busy holding up rush hour traffic in the middle of Delhi. However, I will be spending the night tonight at Singapore airport, voted best airport to sleep in 8 years running by Lonely Planet - what I want to know is, who has been sleeping there for 8 years running? (bud-um ching!) - and the free internet access there is world-renown.

Had Christmas drinkies with work folk yesterday afternoon... What a wonderful way to spend my last work day for 5 weeks, having tasty, disease-free food, safe water, and overdosing on that unique blend of humor and punnage that I have grown to love in my collegues.

And now, after months of researching, reading, planning, and getting stabbed by needles, I am almost on my way... yay! Next post will be from.... somewhere that is not here.

And for some cool insight into Indian culture, check out http://www.indax.com/trculture.html

No comments: